Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

Yobo urges Eagles to go for goals



Super Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, has urged the team to go all out for victory on Saturday in the World Cup qualifying game against the Harambee Stars of Kenya in Calabar.


The Fenerbahce of Turkey defender, who led the Eagles to their third Nations Cup victory last month in South Africa, wants the team to prove their AFCON feat didn’t come by happenstance.
“I’m urging the boys to go all out and ensure they beat the Harambee Stars and maintain leadership of the group. I want them to play like the champions that they are and continue to make Nigerians happy. I know the team are capable of not only beating Kenya but also qualifying for next year’s World Cup in Brazil.”
Yobo, who has played in all his club’s games since the AFCON ended in early February, said the team should be able to cope in his absence.
“I believe the boys will cope without me. I’m still a part of them and I know the experienced players in the team will provide the leadership they will need to beat Kenya. They know they are playing for over 150 million Nigerians and cannot afford to disappoint,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment